A design session is the first step towards a successful prototype
Design session service
Suppose you have developed a beautiful and innovative idea to develop a product and/or service. Then all kinds of questions come to you to turn your valuable idea into a functionally working prototype.
At some point there are 2 questions that determine your follow-up to conquer the market:
- How can this idea be turned into a functionally working prototype to show the outside world that the idea is good and viable?
- How much budget does it take to develop that prototype?
To gain insight into these two important questions, we have developed a Design Session service.
What is it?
This is an interactive form of work for which we, together with 1 or 2 professionals from our side and a maximum of 3 from your side, discuss your innovation question in a structured way and describe it in more detail. We do this with all our practical and manufacturing knowledge about technology and the current availability of techniques, semi-finished products and suppliers.
A Design Session generally varies from about 2 to a maximum of 6 hours and is held in 1 or 2 parts of the day.
We use different tools and methodologies for a valuable Design Session:
- Value Proposition Design
- board of innovation: brainstorm cards and innovation roadmap
- mind mapping
- miro (real-time board)
What’s in it for you?
- After the Design Session you will have a limited conceptual design and technical and business ingredients for an innovation project, which has been considered from all sides by our team
- The result is documented and delivered via a mind map
- Optional and at an additional cost, there will also be a descriptive document
- Depending on the complexity and uniqueness of your question, after a successful Design Session we can give a budget indication for specific prototype project results
- If this is possible within the limits of a Design Session, then the aforementioned questions have been answered
How does it work?
- During a free intake interview, we determine whether a Design Session of 2, 4 or 6 hours is necessary for your idea or invention
- We always invite you to our Lab for such a Design Session, but if desired this can also be done remotely via video conferencing
- When you have booked the Design Session, you will receive an electronic invitation in advance to fill in a short form with the idea and some characteristics
- On the day itself, we will assess your idea technically and characterize it in the booked time through some 26 themes
- That result is elaborated in a mind map and then sent
- If possible, we do this with a budget indication for specific prototype project results
What is the cost?
We know 3 variants of a Design Session:
|Duration of Design Session||Number of parts of the day||Price (ex. VAT)|
At an additional cost, it is offered to offer the results not only in the form of a mind map, but also in a descriptive document. There is an additional charge for this:
- The costs for this are € 300,- / €400,- / €500,- respectively for the 2, 4 or 6 hour variant
Want to know more about what we can do for you?